(Da’a, Duhu’s daughter, Dodo’s wife)
By Abubakar Abba Tahir, PhD
- Sundays are usually Solemn Days for Everyone
- A times solitude breezes out the joy in life
- April 10 was same for the famous Dodo family
- Plans to inaugurate LGA leaders was altered
- Coverage for the top reporter was disrupted
- Because a novel loss Punctuated everything
- The ace reporter’s routine had to be reported
- Loosing his best and closest friend like no other
- Yes, we all lost the great Halima at childbirth
- Many hardly knew this Halima at first glance
- She exudes a unique ambience of humility & innocence
- Radiating a painless and harmless personality
- Her feminine aura was remarkably motherly
- The volume of traffic in her name was unquantifiable
- A clear testimony to Dodo’s fame and Halima’s family
- Everyone crazed to secure a glimpse of the moment
- In Yola this is one, too many for the Journalism profession
- In two years, the press lost countless hands
- Once it was Danjuma Usman of the Voice of America
- Followed by Ibrahim Abdul-Azeez of Daily Trust
- Then the loss of my boss Umar Mustafa of NTA
- Then Abubakar Dasin of Pulaaku FM Radio
- All these were well reported and documented by Dodo
- Then the Knock on Dodo’s own family Fortress
- This is one story which he could not personally report
- My sympathy is for Dodos life after Halima
- My sympathy is for the kids she left behind
- My sharpest sympathy is for Halima’s latest child
- Blindly Coming into a brand new world
- Unsure of what motherhood is all about
- Unsure the Mom is alive or long ByGone
- At the graveside Dodo was naturally in tears
- Inner and outer tears bidding farewell to Halima
- Consciously or otherwise, he was shoes-less
- But he had his characteristic glasses on duty
- He was deeply silent by Halima’s lone Home
- He was Unsure of his next phase of Life
- He had No experience about the Moment
- Never anticipated parting with her this day
- After Janaza, Dodo could not move an inch until helped
- He was weak, helpless and worn out
- That day, the Human Caravan was Huge
- Everyone you missed for days was there
- Halima’s Dad Never had it this bad
- Alhaji Duhu was Exceedingly Devastated
- He hardly ate, ignoring even the Sahur Meal
- Halima’s Hali is gone for good and forever
- Dodo is left to man the fortress she built
- It’s not merely tough but highly rough
- Allah’s Mercy will keep her soul at peace
- Allah’s Blessing will keep Dodo very strong
- Allah’s Goodness will shine through her offsprings
- In death, Halima scored five major goals:
- She earned the confidence of her parents
- She cultivated the trust of her dear husband
- She was loved and celebrated by everyone
- She left the world via the boundless blessings of Ramadan
- She died a Shahida having exited through childbirth
- These trilateral angles are enough solace for Dodo
- They are indeed divine compensations for our collective loss!
Abubakar Abba Tahir
Fintiri’s Initiative: Fresh Air Buses Revolutionize Travel Costs In Adamawa
Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri has ushered in a new era of affordable transportation in Adamawa State with the introduction of Innoson’s Fresh Air buses.
These CNG coaches, capable of carrying 100 passengers each, have commenced operations to Mubi in the northern zone and Numan in the southern zone, receiving a warm reception from the public.
The decision to acquire these buses was a strategic response to the challenges posed by the removal of fuel subsidies, a move aimed at alleviating the increased transportation costs burden on citizens.
Prior to this initiative, the regular transportation fare from the state capital to Mubi and Numan Local Government Areas stood at 4,000 and 1,000 Naira, respectively.
With the introduction of the Fresh Air Buses, passengers can now enjoy a subsidized fare, with rates reduced by 50%. This means that the journey to Mubi now costs just 2,000 Naira, while the fare to Numan is a mere 500 Naira.
This substantial reduction in transportation costs is set to have a positive impact on the lives of the people of Adamawa State, making travel more affordable and accessible.
It also showcases the commitment of the government to improving the quality of life for its citizens, particularly in the face of economic challenges.
100 Days With Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri
So far so good, it has been a journey to witness and to see the good intentions of Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri become a reality as we move inwards the 4 years of greatness with Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri.
The second term emergence of his Excellency Governor Ahmadu Fintiri at a critical time in the history of Nigeria, when the economy needs serious fix from the sudden removal of subsidy, comes timely with the aspirations of the people of Adamawa State.
He is a leader with great political prowess who has gathered an experienced team of technocrats to actualize his 8 points agenda of moving Adamawa forward in all sectors. This is a dream come through.
Since the inception of Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri’s administration, he has given much focus to evolving a democratic system in Adamawa state as he himself is a product of a democratic process.
His Excellency, the ATM and the harbinger of ‘fresh air’ has achieved the basic cardinal principles in Public Administration:
1.Fairness in the democratic system ensuring adherence to explicit administrative procedures
- Devolution of power as being enjoyed at local government areas today
3.Introduction of people’ based policies that impacts directly on the lives of the masses
The first 100 days has given birth to innovations that are sustainable and reliable with the vision clearly spelt out in it’s short and long term programs summed up as “8point Agenda
The Governor’s administrative style has evolved into a philosophy that fellow comrades and team members have adopted as the project of ADAMAWAFIRST before self.
Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri came with the self-realization that we could fix our problems, resolve issues, enhance systems, empower personalities, stabilize structures to be physically positioned not just for unity but in alignment and in pursuit of a developmental master plan for a progressive and unified future.
The above mentioned can only be achieved if we tolerate and accommodate the views and expectations of others.
We must ensure that his philosophy moves from one community to the other incorporating different interest but achieving same goals of a better Adamawa than we met.
The government as a corporate entity also works with its citizens feedback and interest which differs from community to community, that is why projects may not be uniform because needs differs across board.
As we celebrate this 100 days in office, it is certain that the few impacts below are meant to set the ground for grand breaking landmark projects and policies.
- His prompt approval for continuity of scholarship application/disbursement to Adamawa students by the Adamawa State Scholarship Trust Fund.
- Provided Five Million Naira to victims of Fire Disaster in Yola main market.
- Paid additional ₦10,000 to all State & Local Governments civil servants, as well as pensioners as part of palliatives to cushion subsidy removal hardships.
- Procured 50 Trucks of Fertilizer for distribution to farmers at subsidized rate.
- Empowers over 50 youths with appointments as Special Advisers, SSAs and SAs.
- Purchased 10 New IVM Air-conditioned Luxurious Buses as palliatives, to ease transport difficulties across the State.
- Purchased 50 trucks of Rice to be distributed as palliatives.
- Procurement of 2100 metric tons of maize for distribution as Palliatives.
- Purchased SUVs to State Chief Judge, President of Customary Court and Grand Khadi Sharia Court of Appeal.
- Commissions 454 housing units for IDPs in Labondo, championed by UNHCR.
- Ongoing public health laboratory project at State Specialist Hospital, Yola.
- Approval for the construction of storm-water drainages at sami-naka, Yola.
- Ordered for delisting of blocked drainages to subdue forecasted flooding across the State.
- Approval of ₦2.5 Billion re-capitalization for establishment of first Mortgage Bank in Northeast Nigeria.
Welcome to the new Adamawa of our dreams, a land where everything is possible under Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri.
By: Hon Dogo Victor “PSA Social Mobilization to Adamawa State Governor
NYSC Taraba: Learn From The Diverse Cultures Of Our People- Nzoka
The Coordinator of NYSC Taraba State, Mr. Anthony M. Nzoka has advised the 2023 Batch B stream II Corps Members deployed to the State to learn, promote, and sustain positive aspects of the diverse cultures of the good people of our nation, as they prepare to commence the primary assignment program in the state.
Mr. Nzo disclosed this when presided over the Inter- platoon Cultural Carnival of the orientation course at the permanent orientation camp, Sibre, wherein the respective platoons in attendance were provided with an opportunity and platform to process as well as display their cultural ingenuity, costume, and historical background to the admiration of all and sundry.
The Coordinator of NYSC Taraba State, Mr. Anthony M. Nzoka has advised the 2023 Batch B stream II Corps Members deployed to Taraba State to learn, promote as well and sustain positive aspects of the diverse cultures of the good people of our nation, as they prepare to commence the primary assignment program in the state.
Mr. Nzoka disclosed this when he presided over the Inter- platoon Cultural Carnival of the orientation course at the permanent orientation camp, Sibre, wherein the respective platoons in attendance were provided with an opportunity and platform to process as well as display their cultural ingenuity, costume, and historical background to the admiration of all and sundry.
The various platoons on the camp made painstaking efforts to display the rich cultural heritage of the people of Mumuye, Mambila, Kutep, Jukun, Tiv, Chamba, Hausa, Yoruba, and Igno people respectively.
It was indeed a good display of our cultural heritage geared towards equipping the corps members with the necessary information and behavioral and dressing patterns of the people of their body community in preparation for the primary assignment program of the NYSC scheme.
The colorful event equally availed the State Coordinator, the opportunity to appreciate and award prizes to selected groups of corps members.
He noted that distinguished themselves during the orientation course as well as the platoons that excelled in all the scheduled competitions in the camp.
In attendance include the Camp Director, Mrs. Ladi Gambo, Assistant Directors, and Heads of Collaborating Agencies amongst others.
The various platoons on the camp made painstaking efforts to display the rich cultural heritage of the people of z Mumuye, Mambila, Kutep, Jukun, Tiv, Chamba, Hausa, Yoruba, and Igno people respectively.
It was indeed a good display of the Taraba NYSC cultural heritage geared towards equipping the corps members with the necessary information and behavioral and dressing patterns of the people of their body community in preparation for the primary assignment program of the NYSC scheme.
The event equally availed the State Coordinator, Mr. Nzoka the opportunity to appreciate and award prizes to selected groups of corps members that distinguished themselves during the orientation course as well as the platoons that excelled in all the scheduled competitions in the camp.
The Camp Director, Mrs. Ladi Gambo, Assistant Directors, and Heads of Collaborating Agencies amongst others were those that graced the occasion.
NYSC Coordinator, Nzoka Drops Strong Message To Corps Members In Taraba
NDLEA Busts Katsina Wedding Drug Party, Arrests Groom, 25 Others
Jimeta Community Lauds Gov Fintiri On Promised Infrastructure Development
Moment Of Celebration As Prof Domiya Gives Out Daughter In Marriage
M/Belwa Muslim Council Bans Un-Islamic Innovations During Weddings
Adamawa Gets Another Private Varsity, Wisdom Kwati University Demsa
News7 days ago
Don’t Panic Upon Sighting Low Flying Aircrafts, FG Tells Adamawa, Taraba Residents
Security3 days ago
Fresh Attack: How Over 30 People Were Killed In Taraba
Security3 days ago
Deploy Technology To Secure Our Borders – Gov Fintiri Urges NIS
News3 days ago
Gov Fintiri Signs Policy To Guarantee Adequate Water Supply
News1 day ago
Gov Fintiri, Others Celebrate As Adamawa Speaker Weds Heartthrob In Yola
Government2 days ago
Gov Fintiri Presents N225.8bn 2024 Budget To Adamawa Assembly
Government4 days ago
Adamawa Govt Proposes N225.8bn As 2024 Budget
News6 days ago
Rep Boya Appreciates Speaker Abbas For His Emergence As Chair House C’tee On Police